Daughter is having problems at school...

My 16 year old daughter is having trouble with these two girls, which we already had suspended for harassing her and threats. I did what i had to do, but now i wish my daughter would stick up for her self and tell them where to go. She is very shy and doesn't argue with anyone. What should i do now. They are now back in school and she is very worried.????

momzbabygirl

Asked by momzbabygirl at 10:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I know you want to be there to fight your daughters battles but you can't.. She has got to learn to stick up for herself.. Once she does that these girls will leave her alone. I would put money on it.. These mean girls are gonna continue to pick on her till she decides to hold her on. All she has to do it is ONE time, and they will leave her alone for good.. I never taught my kids to pick a fight, BUT I did teach them to take up for themselves just for the fact that I wouldn't always be there. Ya know? Good luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• There is a huge push to provide funding for school systems to combat bullying. Find out what the your Local Education Administration (LEA) has in place and make them inforce it. If the LEA and school are not willing or don't satisfy you and the girls have threatened physical harm, take it to a magistrate and get a restraining order. Its extreme but it works. Something will be done at that point.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Maybe you can have her take some type of leassona that might make her feel more confident in herself like boxing lessons or karate or something. She can probably even talk to a counselor or something also. You can't fight her battles for her but you can help her feel more condident and stick up for herself.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I disagree with the statement, "you can't fight her battles". When they (these girls) are interfering with your child's well-being, you have got to make your presence known!
    They were suspended for a reason.

First and foremost, I would document anything & everything these two say or do in regards to your daughter. And if you have to, bring the two little a$$ wipes into the office-in front of the principal, you make it crystal clear that you are there for your daughter and that you're on top of it!

sharebearmomof2

Answer by sharebearmomof2 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yes ladies her daugher has to stick up for herself...

But......... on the other hand what would you do if your child was having this problem????

Here is what I would do... If your child fear for her life and they continue to mess with her that is called BULLYING....

That is against the law... Well in GA anyway.. GA take BULLYING very serious...

Ladies, By her daughter fearing these girl.. that mean she cant focus on her school work..

I would also go to the police and file a report on those girls. Therefore, if something happens you will have a report on file.

Also, jot down when you address the principle about the problem.. Keep a journal on the date and time of EVERY incident and what was said by the principle, yourself, the girls and your daugther.

This HAVE to stop!

This is not a case of you daughter defending herself.. Stay on their ass until something gets done.

K
    Elizabeth1837

Answer by Elizabeth1837 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2009