Is it ok to flavor my two year olds water?

That is the only way he will drink it. Otherwise he says "this is ucky " and gives it back.

JmgBlair

Asked by JmgBlair at 11:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make sure you are using something healthy like a little lemon juice or some sugar-free flavor packets. Don't add anything that will add sugar. Some people, including children, don't like the taste of water. You could maybe try the PUR filters with the flavor shots.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• of course. it's still better than sodas or coffee :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My DD hates plain water too. We get the sugar-free flavored water...the carbonated kind. She thinks she's getting soda, when she is actually just getting water and flavor...no sugar. :)
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 11:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You can try adding a small spash of juice...but honestly you shouldn't give up on the straight water completely. Keep offering it to her- try out of a water bottle or out of a cup w/ a straw- try to make it fun for her. Good luck : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We bought the pur water filter with the flavor option. I myself think the flavoring is too sweet but ella likes it...i would try that. I drink water with lemon slices in it and ella doesnt like it, so i dont think he wold like it too much...too sour. try the flavor shots, or some sugar free juice
    ellasmommy2007

Answer by ellasmommy2007 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2009