How do you handle your overwhelming hormones?

Several days out of the month, I have to talk myself down from doing or saying something that can literally ruin my life. I notice that this is part of my hormone cycle and always has been, but is worse now that I've tied my tubes. Other than with medicine...how do you handle your whacky hormones. Are you able to go through crazy on the inside days without showing it on the outside?

super_mommy4

Asked by super_mommy4 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• My hormones are out of whack right now so I know how you feel. I get PMS for about a week before my period and this time I am near tears all the time and ready to kill someone at the same time. I just try to stay calm and hold my tongue. My poor husband and son can tell so they just kind of avoid me. (Sorry family :( I have always been this way but it seems to be getting worse. Just take deep breaths and know that it won't last forever :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Diet can play a huge role in hormones..since cutting out meat and dairy and wheat products I no no longer suffer from mood swings and am more level headed.
    Anonymous