SEPERATED SHOULD I STILL DATE

I'M STILL MARRIED TO MY HUSBAND BEEN SEPERATED 6 MONTHS I'VE DATED AND SLEPPED WIH TWO GUYS WOULD I BE COMMITING ADULTERY IS THIS REALLY RIGHT. I THOUGHT I WAS PREGNANT.

OAHUGIRLZ

Asked by OAHUGIRLZ at 11:20 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, its committing adultery.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If you are still legally married, as in the divorce isn't final, then yes, you are technically cheating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Im going to say no it is not cheating. My divorce took forever to finalize and I had to just be a resident of a different state for 3 months while I waited to file. I def. engaged in some behavior that I wouldn't have done while married, but I knew my marriage was 100% over and I also was careful because I didn't want to meet someone that soon. So be careful on dating because you may need time to heal, but as far as still feeling "committed" to your spouse I know i didn't after a few months because of all he had done to me I needed to be free.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It is adultery. You are still bound to your husband until that divorce is signed and sealed. You are still obligated to honor your vows. This isn't about what feels good to you, this is about the commitment you made to honor, cherish, and love--for life. NOW there are some very good reasons for divorce--adultery included. But you are cheating and dishonoring your vows which is a reflection on your character not on your marriage. Love and Commitment are not feelings they are choices. Feelings come and go but the ability to honor one's word lasts until death. It truly is a reflection on your character. You need time to heal and get your life straight before you get involved with another man--no matter how wonderful he may be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• And the fact that you would even behave in such a way to bring a child into your mess is a real reflection on your inner character. Time to grow up, get your life straight, and decide that sleeping around is unhealthy and selfish by the mere fact you could end up pregnant and bringing a child into the mess. A child deserves far more than a mom who "accidentally" got pregnant by a man she really doesn't know and is not committed to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No it's not cheating if you are separated and your h has agreed you two could see other people; however, morally it could be considered adultery by the church. If it's been six months perhaps it's time to make a decision to give up dating and go back to your h or cut him loose and have a single life especially if you are not practicing safe sex and possibly increasing your family size without him. Be responsible.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It is adultery in the spiritual sense whether you both agreed to or not. And you need to be careful about possibly bringing a child into a very messy situation AND of risking STDS. If you have any intention of working things out with your husband this isn't a good start at all. But if you want it over, you should just divorce.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2009