Eleven months since my breastfed baby was born and no period yet?

I know for sure I'm not pregnant but I was wondering if any other moms are also still waiting for their period to come.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's awesome isn't it? I made it 10 months without one.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Hi I'm the OP.
    Quoting Colleen
    "It's awesome isn't it? I made it 10 months without one."

Yes it is!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I haven't had one yet either (7 months) but I heard that you don't get one until you are done breastfeeding.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:28 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I didn't get mine till we breastfed for 14 months. but even now it seems to be more than a month between them!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Hi the OP again,

Quoting ABPeterson

"I haven't had one yet either (7 months) but I heard that you don't get one until you are done breastfeeding."

Then I will keep breastfeeding breastfeeding

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Quoting MythicMMM

"I didn't get mine till we breastfed for 14 months. but even now it seems to be more than a month between them! "

WOW!!!
    OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It's totally normal for breastfeeding moms to have their periods come back with in weeks of delivery, or not until months after they wean entirely. Still act as if you are fertile in terms of BC, since ovulation occurs before menstruation in your cycle, you can get pregnant the first time you ovulate before having a period to warn you that you are fertile again. I have a two year old 'surprise!' to prove this LOL.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I breastfed my 2 1/2 yo until he was 18 months old. I didn't get a period until he was 11-12 months old. Boy that was nice!!!! All my friends that had baby's the same time as me were complaining about AF and all I could do was shrug my shoulders, lol!!!!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I nursed my son exclusively until 2 weeks shy of his first birthday. Then I began weaning him, over the course of six weeks cut out half his daytime nursing. That was enough for me to ovulate and get pregnant. So I nursed for a year, got pregnant and plan to continue nursing my son "part time" through this pregnancy. Although, when I had my first prenatal, the nurse looked at me like I'd suddenly sprouted a third eye when I told her my LMP was March 1 - 2007! LOL
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I did not know it was totally normal I was getting a little worry. I repeat I'm not pregnant and I know that even if you do not have your period you are still ovulating. But It is amazing who woman's body works. OP

happy

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2009