Trying to pinpoint best date....

My SO and I have been TTC for about 8 months now. Our careers keep us apart except for the weekend so that makes it even worse. We know it's all about timing, timing, timing so I've been tracking my ovulation dates. My cycles are always 28 days exactly which means I should ovulate around day 14, which would be today. In addition I have been using an ovulation calendar that tells when you are a little fertile, fertile and really fertile. Today is my "really" fertile today. This morning prior to us leaving for work we had sex. Saturday my temp was elevated, yesterday afternoon I started having cramps and they are continuing today. I believe these are physical signs of ovulation. If so, I'm thinking our timing was pretty right on target this month. What are your thoughts? We want a baby together really bad. This is a 2nd marriage for both of us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. Keep up the good work!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:33 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Google a lot of things. Check your cervical mucus. If it is rubbery and clear then you are basically very fertil. It if is clumpy like cottage cheese, then you have just ovulated. The boy sperm swim faster and it is best for him to ejaculate the day of and deep, if you want to try for a boy and with the girl sperm they swim slower, therefore it is best for him to ejaculate a few days before or shallow penetration. Also after sex, tilt your legs upwards for a good few minutes. Good luck!
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009