I have one more feeding to wean my son from. He's nearly17 months old. I want to introduce something special before proceding to wean so that it is still there once I'm done. Any suggestions? (Other than books as we do that every morning anyway.)

I'm looking for an object or special activity or song that still connects us. We read every morning and evening anyway so I want to do something anyway. Perhaps an object we can laugh over right before/during/after the last feeding I need to wean from. This way once I attempt weaning we have that to kind of 'replace' it. Any creative ideas? What did you do? Thanks for the help!

Meant2BeAMommy

Asked by Meant2BeAMommy at 11:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 16 months old and he still gets a bottle of milk before his nap and bed time - I know some people stop that at 12 months but everyones circumstances are different.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Start by ignorning the first poster!

When I took dd's paci away, I got her a special toy to sleep with to help replace it. You could write a small poem or few lines of a song to read to/sing to your ds. Maybe a cute little "Where's Mommy? where's *ds name*? Who does mommy love? -point to ds- who does *ds name* love? -point to mommy" game.
    Anonymous

• Have you thought about taking him to pick out his very own Big boy toy?
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ignore the 1st poster. She's clearly VERY uneducated. Good job for making it this far.

I would look for a small toy or stuffed animal that he could keep and that would last a long time.
    Anonymous