The funny thing about WANTING the president to fail.......2006 Poll Showed Most Democrats Wanted Bush to Fail

An August 2006 poll conducted by FOX News/Opinion Dynamics showed 51 percent of Democrats did not want Bush to succeed. Thirty-four percent of independents also did not want Bush to succeed.

I found this interesting as the left attacks Rush. I know I will get a whole lot of reallt intelligent "faux News" responses...and that's ok...I understand, it's all you got.

AND I don't have a link but I was watching the news yesterday (yes, FOX :P) and they showed other presidential approvval ratings at this point in the first term.....

Carter 70%
George H W Bush 63%
George W bush 63%

So it looks like the big guy doesn't stand alone there. Now my question.....
Isn't it a little high and mighty for the left to NOW be critisizing the right for wanting socialist policies to fail?

Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel told CBS' "Face the Nation" that Limbaugh's stance was the "wrong philosophy for America."

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course it's hypocritical.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't be too happy about that statement considering bush left office with the second lowest approval rating since Truman.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-presapp0605-31.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• eye rolling

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• OOH OOH the roley eye anon is back!! Hi roley eye anon...I can't wait till you grow up...I bet you will have all kinds of FUN things to say!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I think George W. Bush was an imcompetent, but I never wised failure on him. as it would be a failure to our country. It was just sad to watch our country be degraded like that
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I didn't vote for Bush but I did want to see success in his office. Bush adminstration failing did nothing but hurt the people. So I would never wish failure on anyone.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 11:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well I wasn't one of them so I guess it doesn't make a difference to me. I though he was an idiot but of course I didn't want him to fail. Why would I want the President of my own country to fail? I'd have to be a special kind of stupid to want that....
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is right to want any president to fail. That would imply you want our country to fail. The problem is that everyone wants to sit back and point fingers instead of actually going out there and CHANGING it.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 12:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• YES, it is more than high and mighty, it's hypocritical and insane!  These libs are the most hypocritical party of entitlement and it is so blatantly obvious that even Ray Charles can see it!  Of course, grassroots America who believes in capitalism, free trade, the constitution, hard work gives you benefits, no handouts, less government.....would want socialism to fail~!  Just like Rush, I want NObama's socialist policies to fail and America's citizens to survive and succeed! 

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Blessed ~ How would you like America to succeed if our president fails?
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 12:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009