Is it too early to test?? (bear with me- ) *repost

Is it too early to test?? (bear with me- )
I haven't had a period in months and months.
Yes- I have been to the doctor. I'll be going back to him soon.
So I don't have a missed period to go from.
I had unprotected sex last month around the 11th I believe. I don't feel pregnant but I know I need to test sometime just so I know if I am or not. The only thing I have is I'm cramping this morning and I know its either my period coming or I'm pregnant. (I've already had a son so I know I'm fertile.)
- When should I? Is it too early?
Sorry I know these are annoying. I'm kinda clueless though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you have to have so many levels of hcg hormone to show up a positive on a pregnancy test. but if you aren't normal with your periods your doctor should start looking into that and see if there is another more pressing issue
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'd probably wait another few weeks to test personally. If it came back negative today I'd be afraid that it was a false negative and take one again in a few weeks anyway. Might as well wait.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• 11th of last month, that would make you almost 4 weeks pregnant, it is not too early to test. HCG levels would be high enough, if you are pregnant, to show a positive. But make sure to talk with your doctor and get tested also.
    Anonymous