moms with twins

how did you manage to get them to the grocery store. did you buy a double stroller. and at how many weeks did you deliver? anything that i should know. i am very exited that it is twin and very scared at the same time.

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 11:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My twins weren't so hard when they were newborns, but later when they could walk...wow! At the store I would take their infant carseats and put one in the seat part of the cart facing me and the other inside the cart and just fit whatever I was buying around them. Sometimes I pulled another cart behind me. Get a double stoller of course and use it all the time...even if you're just running into the bank!

The day my twins were three days old and released from the hospital was the day we started our life on the go. We had to go shopping and pick up some last minute items and my husband wasn't home to leave the babies with. By the time they were five days old they had been to Walmart twice. I decided that I would never let the fact that I had two newborn infants keep me in the house. We just started right away learning how to adjust and went.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Twins are fun. They are a lot of work, but like the pp easy as newborns... all the really do is eat and sleep. Mine don't walk yet, as they are only 7 1/2 months, so I just "stuff" them in the stroller. I HIGHLY recommend a double stroller and I really like that the car seats snap into the stroller so that I don't have to wake anyone up from a nap. As far as the grocery store, I try not to go alone. Just the idea of having to carry two kids and a tons of groceries up to the house is exhausting. However, I do go out a lot with them alone. Usually we go to walmart (cheap formula, diapers, accessories). I usually push the stroller with one hand and pull a cart behind. It can take some practice but you'll be a pro in no time. The only real problem with shopping with twins is all the other people, who for some reason are obsessed with twins and will stop you every 5 ft to ask if they are twins and how you do it. :)
    lilblufyrfly

Answer by lilblufyrfly at 11:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• To answer your other question, I went to 34 weeks. I developed a rare form of preeclampsia and had to be induced. Other than that, I had no complication in the pregnancy. I was given a steroid when they induced the labor and even though the boys were born a bit small and had to stay in the NICU, they did not require any oxygen.
    lilblufyrfly

Answer by lilblufyrfly at 4:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009