• In the Spotlight:

Do you make money by……… ?

I have been looking for a piece of wavy rope or string for the logo for my new blog. I’ve found several I like, but that are all sold at about $10 each. It’s a small image of rope! I wouldn’t mind paying someone 2 or 3 dollars for their time and talent, but $10 and then they say it can’t be used for a commercial blog – that will cost $200.00 or so. Are you kidding me? I could purchase the official "Photoshop" tutorials and learn it myself for less than that (and that includes the cost of my time PER HOUR!)

Do any of you make money this way?
Can I pay someone $2 or $3 for a piece of digital wavy rope?

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 11:57 AM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Works4Mom - I am totally serious. I do not make the rates, my company does. I have no choice in the matter at all. We aren't even allowed to do things on the side. But I would look around the internet at different sites and see if you can find something you like that has already been created. Go to Google images and search "rope" or something similar. Chances are, you will find what you are looking for. Yes, there are copyright laws and that's why it costs so much. However, most people do not want to press charges, nor do they even care if you use their artwork. Now if you were running a large business or something or even took someone's logo, they might care. But if you are just looking for clipart, search the internet and other websites and take it from there. Most graphic designers are not creating it, they are charging you because they are paying for it from an images supplier when it's something that simple.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Check Bonanzle. Ask someone on the forums if they'll make you something.
    Reener

Answer by Reener at 12:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am a graphic designer and those rates are actually VERY cheap. I would just try to google it and see if you can find something similar to what you are wanting. Chances are, it's already been done! Good luck finding it for $2 dollars unless you steal it from another website. If it's just a personal blog, nothing tied to advertising or business, chances are, nobody will care if you "steal" their artwork.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• DDry - seriously! I'm not being sarcastic - I really mean - seriously. I ask because I'm not asking for an entire logo or anything - literally I'm just looking for an image of wavy rope to put in an image I'm creating. Good grief, I'm in the wrong business! I"m going to invest in those tutorials today. - It's a blog where I give away clothing, toys, and other stuff, I'm not sure you could call it a business, but I do advertise it. Of course if someone would like to make me a piece of rope I would be more than happy to put a link to your site and an ad on my blog.

Reener, I never think of looking there. However, I found only real scrapbooking supplies. bummer. I'm going down stairs now to get some rope to scan it in. I know how to remove a background in PS that's about it!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 12:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I started by googling rope, then wavy rope, free digital rope, digital scrapbooking rope and or string - lol. I'm Google graphic art online colleges at the moment - I should have listened to my mother and gone into art.
    Most of what I'm finding are digital scrapbooking websites with exactly what I need. And they are all very smart, they have their website name right through the middle of it. I don't blame them really, I'd just like to get it at the wholesale cost - lol.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 1:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I went to yahoo, clicked on images and typed in "lasso" found some wavy type rope graphics that look like they are from free icon sites!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009