my family was visiting us this weekend and now i have a few empty wine bottles....i think they look awesome, and i want to decorate with them, anyone have any good ideas? thanks in advance.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have a few in my kitchen window. Around the necks I tied on with twine some south american christmas decorations, they are metal and brightly colored: a pig, a goat, a bird, a butterfly, and a dancing lady.

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You can use them as vases or you can even decorate them with flat colored beads so they can give out different colors with put close to the light. I have many bottles in my kitchen and my sewing room so I tend to use them for everything and I decorate them as well. If you have any clear bottles, you can also stain them from the inside with glass paint. Hope this helps.

Answer by yarnjunkie80 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• This past holiday season, my husband and I saw white Christmas lights inside the bottles and they lopked awesome. He said they drilled a hole in the bottom of the bottle and put the lights in that way, and just corked it.

Answer by pattigioeli at 12:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• thank you i have a few ill try them all lol. . .

Answer by diamondmamma at 2:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I use mine as a candle holder for the long tapered candles. As the colored candles melt it leaves cool wax drippings down the sides and creates interesting designs.

Answer by blogginmomma at 11:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You can decorate your bottles by gluing on beads, ribbon, twine and dryed flowers, put colored glass rocks in. Go to craft store and ask them about ideas.

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 13, 2009