• In the Spotlight:

Rash on face......

My baby girl is now 1 month old and this morning when she woke up she has this rash on her cheeks they look like little pimples!!!What is that and how do i get rid of that?Somebody please help im a first time mom and this is freakin me out!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its probably baby acny. My son had it. dont pop them, they will go away on their own.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i agree with baby acne. they will be there for a few more months.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 12:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• sounds like baby ache,my son never had it but my niece did -it goes away on its own.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• same age as my son, probably baby acne, wash it with something gentle, baby aveeno with no fragrance is really good, and follow up with a moisturizer. Anything with fragrance seemed to dry his out and make it look worse (even johnsons baby wash) his cleared up about 2 weeks after appearing. And defintely don't pick at it, that causes scarring.
    There are different illnesses that can cause rashes too, so make sure he isn't running a fever.
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 1:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• baby acne. Babies have been protected in your womb for nine months now, their skin is very sensitive. All the new fabrics rubbing against it can lead to a lot of oil build up, which causes the pimples.

My 3 month old had pimples develop in her third week. They've cleared up since then. She also had a mild case of cradle cap...which is just a thick kind of dandruff. I just bathed my infant every other day with a mild baby soap and I kept her hands and face cleaned off with baby wipes inbetween bathings.

It'll probably clear up on its own. No worries really...but to ease your mind call the doc and make sure. It'll help...I called my pediatrician so many times that first month and it always make me feel better after. ^_^
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 2:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My daughter had the baby acne...now with my son who is now 6 months I thought was the same thing..but it wasn't..i asked the dr and he checked his mouth and his gum were swollen..he was teething and as he slept (on his belly due to digestive problem with acid reflux) he would drool and his cheeks would sit in it..sure enough about 3 weeks later he cut his first tooth.. soo you could always ask..it never hurts
    AProudUSMCWife

Answer by AProudUSMCWife at 2:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My baby had it to when she was little, its probly baby acne, when you bathe her just clean it with wet washcloth, i didnt use soap. The baby wash made it worse. It should go away on its own. It might take a while
    Mrs.Bolin

Answer by Mrs.Bolin at 5:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It could be a few different things like, baby acne, a milk allergy, or a virus...
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my baby had eczema really bad and we put baby aquaphor on it and it was a miracle worker......great stuff.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 5:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009