Whats the best hair straightener?

Con-Air is supposed to be good right ? I would'nt wanna spend more than $30.... I think. Unless there is something that is super fantastic. I may consider spending a little more.

alinzasmommy

Asked by alinzasmommy at 12:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well, the best hair straightener out there is not in that price range. It's the Babyliss Pro and can range from $150-$300 depending on where you buy it from. For $30, there aren't many quality straighteners. I would look for anything ceramic though.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have a Chi and they say they are really good - its ceramic. If you don't use ceramic you will risk damaging your hair pretty badly
    Anonymous

• where do you get the CHI one??
    alinzasmommy

Answer by alinzasmommy at 12:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• try ebay you can usually get them for half the price.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh and I have a Chi and love it!!
    Soniam301

• anything ceramic is the besst to use. a chi is FANTASTIC but it is right around 120-150 dollars depending on if you get the 1 inch or 2 inch thick FYI i had my 1 inch thick chi for OVER 2.5 years and spent $120 on it. well worth it. I have extremely THICK hair and it worked wonders. When it broke I wasnt in a good financial state and bought a $30 one from walmart(ceramic of course-only buy ceramic) and i have had this one for about a year now... but tis starting to lose power. As long as it is a ceramic straightener it will be okay.
    JacquiV

Answer by JacquiV at 2:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• oh and you can get a chi from trade secret OR if you talk to your cosmetologist they may be able to order one for you at a discount not half price but a discount, and like i said they last. I personally dont trust ebay for hair care products but thats just me.
    JacquiV

Answer by JacquiV at 2:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• ok i have a problem where i dont like to spend money.... so i buy the "vidal sasoon gold" i have really curly hair and this is my favorite out of all of them even ones that i have used at salons. and it is only $15 at walmart. i would try this before you go spending alot on one that doesnt work as good.
    h_anne88

Answer by h_anne88 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• the CHI will make your hair super straight. It WILL work - it is def one of the best out there. But it is costly. Depending on your hair type and how straight you like your hair, you might not need a CHI. A good one thats more mid-price range (around 50) is hot tools straighteners. They're not bad - not as good as the expensive ones, but it should do what you need it to. You can get those at Hair Cuttery (if you have one). Or look around for those.
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 10:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Chi ---- all the way baby! its what the professionals use. Cost $100

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2009