STROLLER DILEMA!!

Well as I await the arrival of my baby-boy, I have to start getting my whole lifestyle ready as well.

My Q is: I have a toddler and by the time the baby arrives my Lorenzo will be 2 1/2 yrs. old. So as I'm looking at strollers I'm wonderding WHAT KIND OF STROLLER SHOULD I GET?

A double? side by side

A regular stroller? as in NO DOUBLE

A regular stroller WITH standing area for the toddler?

Does a 2 1/2 yr. old toddler still want to ride in a stroller??

How does it work? what is your experience mommies??

I need some advice ASAP!!

chicmami

Asked by chicmami at 12:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd say at least a double stroller. Like one where the oldest can sit in front so he don't try to play with the baby and it would be easier at stores and stuff.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We have the Baby Trend Sit and Stand stroller with the full back seat that is removable. It's red and cilver and black and we bought it off of Target.com. I like it because my son likes to walk for the most part, but when we are out and about somewhere crowded it would be too hard to keep track of him and stroll the new baby, so he can just sit on the bench seat on the back and I have them both with me. AND it has the back seat if I do want to place it on there for days when we're at places like the zoo, an amusement park, a festival, etc. when I know we're going to be out all day long and my son is going to need a nap in the middle of the day and he can do so in the backseat of ths stroller without us having to stop and take a break from whatever we're doing.

We also have a side by side black Jeep double stroller, but it's pretty wide so it wouldn't be feasible to use in a store or mall setting, but good for outdoors.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 12:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Thank you ladies!! I'm still doing research...
    chicmami

Answer by chicmami at 12:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I use a side by side. It is lighter and easier to manuveur then the tandems- jmo. I would not let a 2 1/2 yo stand on a sit n stand - too young & dangerous!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 12:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I had a tandem when the my youngest was first born because my older child was only 2. But ours got stolen when he was 4ish and we switched to a sit and stand... A lot of it depends on how your older one feels about the stroller. My son loved it! He still chooses to ride sometimes and he'll be five the end of the month. And how much you use it-- ours gets used a ton, because I'd rather walk somewhere than drive whenever possible.
    AesSedai

Answer by AesSedai at 1:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009