Just wondering if anyone elses kids do this.....

My daughter is 4 almost 5(next month). She was at my SIL and they were watching Full House on ABC Family. my daughter has never seen that show before. Now she is saying shes Michelle Tanner lol and she repeats what some of Michelle says. I mean its cute, but I'm wondering if maybe she should not be allowed to watch the show when she is over there? Shes been known to repeat certain cartoons like Dora, etc. but it never lasts for long, well that's not the case with full house shes been repeating it for over a week now. Does anyone else have kids that do this? Is this a pretty normal thing to do at her age? Should I let her watch the show?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't see any harm in her doing this or in you letting her watch the show. She's using her imagination and that's a good thing!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yeah, from what I recall Michelle says some pretty harmless things. So, I think it should be ok for her to watch it. It's a phase that she'll outgrow soon enough and then you can tell all her friends when she's older...ha ha.

"Cowabunga Dude!" LOL
    Anonymous

• my grandkids do this with movies, tv shows, etc. They act out everything. (they are 3-6) and are very, very smart. They have Asperger syndrome.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Is it just that she's pretending to be michelle with a lot of attention on her and older sisters or is she putting in words you don't like? I don't think there are any bad words in that show ever? My youngest used to pretend she was a character on some cartoon show that had a lot of babies on it, can't remember the name of it, from a long long time ago. But the word stupid was constantly used on the show by the babies. That was not allowed and I took away the show. She also pretended to be one of the sisters on Charmed and that was about good over evil and she loved the good, she was allowed that. It's just a phase. Let her play.
    Anonymous

• I remember growing up with my step-brother, who was only a year younger than me, and with just about every cartoon or show we watched on TV we always picked who we were going to "be". Like I remember I was the pink power ranger and I think he was the blue, lol. We'd "be" that character while we watched them on TV and then we'd play outside and all "be" our characters as well. My cousins would join in too and we'd have the whole team, hahaha. I think it's completely normal from my experience, though my own son is only 2 1/2 so he hasn't done anything like that yet, so I can't say from parenting experience.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 12:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Just watch kid friendly shows, you do have be careful.( Not all kids show are good.)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Full house was a pretty good family show as I recall. She'll get over it if you pay it no mind. If you give her attention, positive or negative, the behavior will continue. Kids love attention, after all :) I wouldn't worry about it, myself.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 1:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• normal, me and my bro and sis used to act out the tv shows we watched all the time. but we were into ninja turtles and we would always break things and get into a lot of trouble. my parents finally had to make a rule no acting in the house only outside
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about Full House.
    Anonymous

• ya full house is fine..there are a lot of worse shows she could be watching and repeating.lets get into what michelle tanner and sis are doing today???ya scary.she fine///
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009