Would support this proposed theory of fightin climate change?

Have you heard of the Optimum Population of Trust? They believe that in order to save the climate and natural world, people would be best to limit reproduction to only having 2 children.

http://www.optimumpopulation.org/opt.release16Feb09.htm
http://www.optimumpopulation.org/opt.release11Jul06.htm

"World population is projected to rise from today's 6.8 billion to 9.2 billion by
2050.* The World Population Clock is ticking. We are rapidly destabilising our climate and destroying the natural world on which we depend for future life"

Do theories such as these play into your personal decision to live a Green Eco Friendly Existence on Earth? Do you think they are Bogus?

Hypothetically, if the government were to promote such population control into it's Federal Healthcare AND Environmental plan, would you support it in the name of protecting the natural world? (please note I said hypothetically).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No I would NOT support any such plan. The Earth has survived for BILLIONS of years! The environment is CYCLICAL! I'm still waiting for the Ice Age from the 70's to take effect! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No, I would not support this.

Soooo, when is enough, enough?  Do extremist look at all others as posersfor not embracing all aspects of the Fight of Climate Change because of what personally is ok for them? Like it's NOT ok to drive a 4wd Tahoe, but ok to have 10 kids?  Wouldn't that be hypocritical to them?  Who is right? Is one too extreme? Or~Is one not eco friendly enough...  Wow we could have protests within global warming protests....  That would be fun to watch. :o)

Alas,  Not my theory to "embrace", that is for sure. lol

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• So say we choose to only have one kid- could we sell our right to have another to someone else? If so-- how much do you think that right would go for. I might be up for it if there is a profit to be made.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• NO I would NOT support that. Talk about total government control!
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We don't live in China. What an idiotic thing to say. No wonder you posted this anon.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No, I wouldn't support this.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well let's see, Daschle's euthanize the old reform ideas and Obama's abort all we can bills, we probably need to START having kids. Besides, UHC will ensure nobody has good healthcare. We're all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Agree akin with all of that.Yes UHC knock out the private sector and we will all have shitty care.The health insurance ran by government right now is usually shitty sometimes mediocore...imagine ALL of us in this country and government running it......PUKES.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh no I wouldn't OP
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Scorpio, we don't live in China..no we only have our houses filled with goods from China and now China practically owns us.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2009