So does daylights savings time actually "save" daylight?

Someone argued it does because people will be getting up when it's light so they don't have to turn their lights on. But actually, when I get up now, it'll still be dark. I'll admit, i'm still a little confused by the whole thing. Anyone want to enlighten me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Many other countries do not have DST. I personally would like to not have it here either.
    majustic

Answer by majustic at 1:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• basically, it stays lighter for about an hour longer then winter... it means spring is coming :)... ever notice how in the summer its just starting to get dark around 730 800 vs. in winter and fall its dark at like 6
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• is the convention of advancing clocks so that afternoons have more daylight and mornings have less.
    The practice is controversial.[2] Adding daylight to afternoons benefits retailing, sports, and other activities that exploit sunlight after working hours,[3] but causes problems for farming, entertainment and other occupations tied to the sun.[4][5] Traffic fatalities are reduced when there is extra afternoon daylight;[6] its effect on health and crime is less clear.
    Anonymous

• It was started to help farmers have the advantage of daylight as many hours as they could.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 1:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Why does DST bother people so much? We have to spend 2 minutes changing a clock or watch and then it is forgotten for 6 months. It gives me more time outside. My boys always love it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009