I'm kind of scared...

I will be 16 weeks this Thursday and I have been having uterus spasms... and somewhat feelings of contractions in my back.. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I had a mc last April. I don't know if this is normal.. I don't remember this feeling with my first pregnancy.. I dont know if its just braxon hicks or what... What do you think it could be? Hopefully this is normal

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry, but I don't have any useful information for you other than to call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• ok i just talked to my drs nurse about it cuz i am going through the same thing, (i never had a m/c beofr but this is my second pregnancy and i swear im having contractions) and she said that not to worry too much unless im having other symptoms too and just to get off my feet and take a warm bath and hydrate. so call your dr to make sure but hopefuly that eases your mind some. =)
    Anonymous

• It's your uterus stretching. At this point you are having some interuterine contractions that are completely harmless and the chances of going into preterm labor at this point are quite small.

IF the pain seem to becoming in waves, you are having bloody discharge or any other labor sign head to the ER immediately. If it is labor there are things they can give you to stall labor.
    Anonymous

• Lay on your left side and sip ice cold water for 30-45 minutes. If they become more intense or regular than call the doctor.

You can also try taking a warm bath (102.2 degrees or less) to help relax your muscles and ease your pain.
    Anonymous

• drink water because u can have cramps and it be because u are dehydrated
    Anonymous