What will they do if you develop pre eclamsia at 23.5 weeks?

My sister is very very swollen all over her body and her blood pressure was high when it was checked last night. She's at the doctor right now but I'm extremely worried about her.

What will the do if she's already developed pre eclamsia? She's only 23.5 weeks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I developed pre eclamsia at 24 weeks, came back a week later to get checked again, and my sons heart had stopped beating. They can induce her to save her life, but there is no guarantee for the baby.
    Anonymous

• give her magnesium to lower her blood pressure.. This is what they give to women who have pre eclampsia. Mine was too high to let the pregnancy continue and I was 4 weeks early.. I hope that she will be able to continue her pregnancy... I will keep her in my prayers.. Good Luck and keep us posted!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• OMG!!! If she loses her baby I don't know what I'll do. I would be devestated and I would be feel horrible. I'm due just a couple days after her.

OMG I'm so worried right now. I have so many things to do and I can't even think straight right now. Oh...I'm shaking. I am about to cry.

Has anyone had this and everything turned out okay? How premature was your baby?
    Anonymous

• Don't think of the worst outcomes right now.. You need to stay positive.. They may be able to give her the magnesium through IV and hopefully that will bring her bloodpressure down... She will be okay, just pray for her as I will.. You need to stay positive.. Nobody can tell you what the outcome will be... calm down.. just wait for a phone call from her!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• They will induce
    Anonymous

• She's only 23.5 weeks!! Her baby is barely viable outside of the womb and that would be with great odds and excellant medical care. We do have a level 3 NICU but still induction at this point seems...IDK.
    Anonymous

• Completed Weeks of Gestation at Birth
    (Using last menstrual period) Survival
    21 weeks and less 0%
    22 weeks 0-10%*
    23 weeks 10-40%
    24 weeks 40-70%
    25 weeks 50-80%
    26 weeks 80-90%
    27 weeks >90%
    30 weeks >95%
    34 weeks >98%
    Anonymous