Pregnant after a vasectomy

My husband had a Vasectomy last friday (10 days ago) I didnt want him to but he did it anyway I respect his wishes but thats not the point. The point is, is we have had unprotected sex twice now, I can stll get pregnant right? I keep telling him that but he doesnt seem to care... me, I dont mind b/c I have wanted one more anyways. Now we have had protected sex before the 2 times we didnt, would that matter at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You aren't supposed to have unprotected sex until he goes back to see the doctor and cums in a cup for them so they can make sure that there are no little spermies running around in there. If he has done that already and the doctors have said its clear, then you should be fine..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i think it takes longer than 10 days to dry up those swimmers I think. I'm pretty sure you can still get pregnant. I think your hubby is taking responsibility for your family's finances if you have at least two kids already. I know I wouldn't want to be tricked or forced into having a baby myself.
    Anonymous

• you can still get preg UNTIL he has been cleared by the Dr who performed the surg indicating that his semen no longer has "active" sperm count....
    mommy-2-3

Answer by mommy-2-3 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• your not suppose to have sex for like 2 weeks, but if he is going against dr.'s orders, and you have warned him you could get pregnant..the ball is in his court...
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 1:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• OP here

TippyD - thats what I keep telling him that he hasnt done the count yet and that there could still be guys in there (lol) but he doesnt seem to care. The dr said he could resume protected sex as soon as he felt confortable. :]

Anon 10:06 - We do have the finaces to take care of more children, but he just didnt want to have more, I did, like I said thought I didnt stop him and I respected his wishes. I am not tricking him, I keep telling him that I could end up pregnant but he does not seem to care.
    Anonymous

• My husband is having one done.. after our baby is born.. the doctor told him it takes ABOUT 12 Ejaculations, in order for everything to clear up.. and for the sperm to stop "producing".. so.. if he hasn't done it at least 12 times.. and you guys are having unprotected sex, then you can possibly become pregnant.

Anonymous