just found out my daughter has mrsa

My daughter is 17 months old and she has mrsa. I'm scared. Any advice?

MomAt15woah

Asked by MomAt15woah at 1:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• im sorry i would be terrified also but i have no advice for you sorry what has the doc said?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• To give her antibiotics and then come back to the hospital when its the medicine is done
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 1:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It will be okay! My daughter has been getting these blister like pimples in her diaper area that move down her legs.. She has been getting these rashes since she was 1 year old.. Well we went into the E.R last saturday because it started up again with a high fever. They cultured it and put her on bactraban and it is almost all cleared up.. Just practice good hand washing after every diaper change. She may continue on getting this also. Don't be alarmed if it keeps coming back.. Doesn't mean she isn't clean or anything of the sort. Some people actually never get rid of mrsa and they always have it.. It just affects people differently.. I wish you the best of luck! I think that my daughter may always have the mrsa in her system as well..
    Anonymous

• Thank u anon 1:18... That made me feel better
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 1:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009