One and half month old will not let me put him down...

Hi guys!

I have a little boy who is as sweet as can be - if I am hold him ALL DAY. I've tried bouncy chairs, swings, my shirt (so he can smell me) but he wants to be held all day. I put on either my Moby or my Baby Bjorn and 'wear' him all day - but that's not enough - he doesn't let me sit down! I have to be constantly moving to make him happy. Any advice?!?!? I am starting to lose my mind! Not to mention my husband is getting upset that nothing is ever done in the house when he gets home. How can it get done - when I am carrying a baby all day?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you considered getting one of those baby carriers that you wear strapped to your front? They make them according to the weight of your child, and they have a head rest so his neck is supported. He'll lie right against your chest and you'll have your arms free to do what you need to do.

And let your husband know that he's being a bit insensitive and that as soon as the baby get's a bit older a routine will be established and life will be somewhat normal again. It'll just take some time.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 1:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Tell your husband the baby is much more important then housework and that this is temporary. As the baby gets older he will grow more & more independent. He will start noticing things outside of his mommy like toys, animals, trees & so on. Right now he just wants to be with his mommy. It is so nice to be so loved. This time is temporary. Housework can definitely take a back seat.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 1:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Sometimes you just have to put them down. Crying or not, and the older they are the harder it will be. I had to do this with my oldest at about 8 weeks old. The good thing is that they have no memory at this age, so if they do cry and fus they won't remember it later, and can't hold a grudge. Just put him where he can see you and talk really loud and upbeat or sing to him so he knows you are there, act really silly and he just might forget that he is upset and enjoy watching you from a distance. It won't hurt him to cry, and sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• does he spit up at all? my son had colic and had to be bounced all day long to ease it? could be tummy pains if he needs constant movement action?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Check out this link- I found it very helpful when my dd was like this as a newborn : )
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/T051200.asp
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i went through this. I held my son till he was six months old b/c if i layed him down even after he was asleep he would wake up. it sucked. at 6 months i let him cry himself ot sleep. THEN I WAS FREEEE :)
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 8:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• its because yuo wont put him down. put the baby down...he needs to learn to entertain himself and be on his own...what if you had more children? this wouldnt be an option.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 5:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009