Can I give my 2 year old some raspberry leaf tea? She's been throwing up for 24 hours.

My 2 year old can not keep anything down and the doctor is at lunch right now. She's starting to get thirsty and I know the BRATT diet has tea on it but would it be ok to give her raspberry leaf tea because that's all I have or should I make a trip to the store. She's just been throwing up so much I'm trying to not leave the house unless I have to because she'll throw up in the car, the store, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How often in that 24 hrs has she been throwing up? My biggest fear for you is her getting dehydrated. The best drink for her would be pedialyte. More than likely the doctor will recommend that drink to her, it's the best thing for rehydrating.
    As much as you don't want to make the trip out to the store, that drink is really the best option for her. If she has nothing else in her tummy, (no food), give her some water, it won't be so bad if she throws it up. Line your car with towels and get out the cleaning supplies.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The BRAT diet is more for diarreah than vomiting. Give her about an ounce of pedialyte. After 20 minutes, if she hasn't been sick, give her another ounce and do that for a few hours. If still no throwing up, you can up it to two ounces and wait 30 minutes, and so on. If you give more or give food, she will likely throw it up! Poor thing! I hope she gets better fast!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009