I'm trying to get my 9 mos. off the Gerber baby food and start feeding him more finger foods. I'd love to know what others are feeding their kids at this age. Any suggestions for finger foods? He already eats berries, puffs and bits of cheese.

rorosmom521

Asked by rorosmom521 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 9 months i gave my daughter toast, and gerber organic teething cookies, stuff thats not to small, but still if he gets a bite off it.. he'll actually get something in his belly!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We were giving diced up pieces of what we were eating.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Try adding these as she gets older: toast with cream cheese, grilled cheese, cheerios, bananas, waffles, muffin tops, breakfast bars, pancakes, small bite sizes of veggies, corn, peas, carrots, small pieces of apples, small pieces of pizza, small pieces of chicken or ham

Anonymous

• my the time my kids were 9 mo they did not eat baby food at all. i would smash everything with a fork and feed it to them. i also would trow a piece of steak in the blender on chop and it would shred it so that they could eat it. just a test to see if they can eat it- put a piece in your mouth and mash it with your tongue on the top of your mouth if you can eat it then so can they.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My son will be 9 months in a few days.
    He loves avocados, mangos, baby yogurt and pita bread, just to name a few things.
    I offer him some foods in puree form but mostly I just give him small bits of whatever I am eating.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh and broccoli, he loves broccoli! I give him a little floret to gnaw on.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You all are LUCKY! My 9 mo won't eat anything substantial. She eat a bit here or there, but she would rather nurse than anything else. I'm have such a hard time with getting her to eat! The only thing that she will consistently partake is water! WATER!! LOL! I wish I knew how to get her to eat, but I'm a first time mother and this is new to me.
    jem01b

Answer by jem01b at 3:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009