i hope i'm not alone is your hubby or SO play world of warcraft?

well mine will play it to the time he gets up to dinner time and get back on it tell 12 or so at night, he will not play with the kids or take time for me or family time like he did befor he got the game,. if you so or dh playes it how do you dill with it, pleas help it is killing are life as a family, and yes i have tryed to talk to him and well as you can see it is not doing me any good < PLEAS HELP ME

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• not W.O.W but hes obsessed with his ps3 game ncaa football 09 he plays people online ALL day. i hope he knows thats gonna change after our son is born lol
    Anonymous

• My husband is a gamer, I knew this before I married him. However, he always has time for me and our 2 boys, I have no complaints with his gaming hobby.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If it's something that has to be played online, turn the damn modem off! Maybe call your cable company and ask if there is a way to set times up so it's only turned on at certain times. Our local cable office does this. Tell him if he wants to act like a child, he will be treated like one. Start putting a password on the computer and only set times when he is "allowed" to be on there. If you don't want to go that route, leave and tell him you are tired of competing with a game so you give up. If he is worth being with, he will come to his senses.
    Anonymous

• lol i asked this same question once
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'm in a long distance relationship, and yes he plays wow. No he doesn't have time for us even being that far from here. He's 500 miles away! All I would like is a phone call a day, and I'm doing good if I get one a week! When we got together he was just begining to play and I seen it as a way for him to relieve stress, but now I see it as another woman! GRRRR! He plays EVERY hour he's not working. He gets so involved in the game, that he doesn't answer his cell. And if he does answer his cell, he says something to the effect of "I'm in the middle of a battle can I call you back in a few hours?" If you say yes, then you may or may not hear from him in the next day or so! It's gotten sooo bad that I'm considering telling him to choose the relationship or the game! Sorry to vent on your vent, but you ARE NOT alone!!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 2:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My husband was a gamer before we had our son. Then it's like a light went off and his priorities were changed. I think you need to sit down and have a serious conversation about the way this is making you feel. If you have expressed your feelings and opinions and he still doesn't change, I say it's time to give him a wake up call. Take your child/children and go to a friend's house or a family member's house for a few days. Tell him that you need some time to think about what you really want. Explain to him it's because of his gaming habits. It's one thing to play every now and then but it's another to emotionally abandon your family for it.  If he doesn't have a wake up call and realize his family is more important, he isn't worth it anyway.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• hunny wow is addictive i can give you statisics on it. I own a group on here for moms against world of warcraft. They have rehabs for this game, the use of this game causes depression and suicidal thoughts. Pm me and ill send you the link to the group. There are alot of woman who are going through the same struggle as you..
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 2:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/16538 here is the link to the group
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 2:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have no problem with this game, nor did my relationship end because of it. I actually enjoy playing but the only time I play is after I apply for jobs and have my daughter in bed. I refuse to play while she is awake, or until I have applied to at least 2-3 job posting a day. I use it as a treat not a hobby. I need time to relax but I can't go out and I don't have money to go out and buy whatever to rent movies and such. my account has been paid for by someone else so I might as well use it.
    Anonymous

• Wassybear where do you get your info that it cause these problems? My husband and I play this game with our sons ages 10-13 and we have fun as a family.We dont go out to movies much we try to have fun at home together! I say if you cant beat em join em!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009