scariest thing that ever happened

omg so today i was playing with my son, i leave the room for 3 minutes to take a phone call and he pulled the DVD rack down on top of him! hes fine, thank goodness, and i took the DVD's out and put the rack in the garage but still, i guess its time to REALLY babyproof, tie the TV's to the wall and stuff. when i was a baby my dad was giving me a bath in the bathtub in a laundry basket and he went to take a phone call and when he came back i was under the water looking at him! he freaked out but i was fine. what about you?

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 1:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• was in kmart when my oldest was like three or four. i was looking at clothes and she was standing beside me holding on to my leg. well i turned around to grab her hand and walk away and she was gone. i panicked couldnt find her anyway. here she had climbed in the middle of the rack i was looking at and was just sittin there being completely quiet.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• the same here with jodi205 i felt my heart just stop
    Anonymous

• i know i almost went into a freakin panic attack it was awful
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When my son choked on a life saver, pretty ironic huh? He's 6 now and I'm still paranoid about them...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 1:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• omg one time i was 6 and my mom forced benedryl down my throat and i choked on it so she gave me the heimlich maneuver... i think my parents are out to get me :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• DD had just started to cruise - we were all across the room and it was like slow motion - watching her pour a cup of coffee on herself - I could see the whole thing happening - the burns, the crying, the trip to the hospital, the skin grafts.....like it all happened in a split second.

The coffee was cold.

Her guardian angel was working overtime but the "what ifs" get me........
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The scariest thing that has happened to my child was last summer. He was at his Grandmother's house and was beside the road in grass waiting for this girl to go by that was on one of those motorized mo-ped. It is a little dead end road with like 5 houses on it. The little girl who was the passenger jerked the steering wheel and went into the grass and hit my baby. The teen girl then laid the bike down on top of my child to get the little girl of the bike. This is how he recieved 3rd degree burns on his arm. That was the scariest phone call I have ever recieved when I got the news of the accident. He is doing really good now, just permanent scarring!
    If a vehicle requires a licence then parents should be responsible enough to make sure that their child is old enough and have the proper licence.
    Jtsmom0621

Answer by Jtsmom0621 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I heard a LOUD CRASH and went into the playroom to find the changing table and the tv and dvd player on it lying on top of my daughters. I had kept the changing table for tv because it had a nice wooden lip and they wouldn't have been able to pull the tv off of it. I never once thought they would pull the whole works over! The kids are fine and DH bracketed the changing table to the wall that day.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 4:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009