I keep reading posts from women who have had c- sections that say......

that their docs recommend Tylenol for pain after discharge from hospital... Tylenol doesn't even touch my headaches let alone major abdominal surgery!!! Are they crazy?? Please tell me that I will get something stronger ... What was your experience please share!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a c-section and got a infection afterwards. very painful. My mom told me something that was very helful. " the doctor can't tell you how much pain you are in. You have to demand something stronger," they can't deny you of it..." So call your doctor today and get a pain killer.!!!!
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my sis had a c section and she got viccidin. i didnt have a c section but i had an episiotomy and i got percecet and viccidin
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I got loratab, because i was breastfeeding.. you can also get perkasite if you not breastfeeding..
    Or tylonal
    But my doctor asked me which i prefer.. since perks were out
    She gave me the option of loratab and tylonal..
    But honestly after about 3 days.. you wont need the loratab.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I got a perscription for Percocet but I never filled it. I just toughed it out.
    Anonymous

• They can prescribe you a med that is safe for breastfeed but a heck of a lot stronger than tylonal. I didn't have a c-section but my vaginal birth was very complicated and traumatic so my doctor sent me with Loratab.

Just be warned....It will make the baby sleepy so I would suggest taking it after a feeding and you may have to do things like undress the baby, tickle their foot and rub him/her with a wet wash cloth to get them to wake up to breastfeed.

Anonymous

• My dr. did proscribe me something stronger, I don't recall what it was. I didn't use it. I chose to just take 3 ibprofen at a time when needed which was enough. I guess it all depends on how you tolerate pain. I'm honestly a whimp, but it to me by the time I got home, the pain wasn't that bad.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I received oxycodone and some strong motrin or something like that....I was breastfeeding. Just dont be shocked when you quit taking them and your sleepy newborn decides they dont need to sleep as much. lol.
    Anonymous

• I had a c-section they sent me home with some prescription meds

breyanasmomma

Answer by breyanasmomma at 2:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My doc gave me VICOPRIN VIcodin with ibu together in one pill.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• That's all I was sent home with after my c-section and I did fine. But if you know that you'll need a stronger pain reliever, definitely tell the docs and nurses that you hurt too bad and you need stronger medication. They will give it to you.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 2:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009