do your parents say mean things?

my dad always says mean things, then he apologizes after. i told him i got accepted into san jose state (his alma mater) even though i never sent in anything but the initial application because i got accepted into East Bay and they were my first choice... anyway he said he me 'they'll take anyone now because of the economy, if you're breathing they'll take you'

what a meanie :p i know he means well though :]

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 1:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Parents can be bitter when they see you are successful either because of or in spite of not taking their advice ;) Don't sweat it. He loves you and probably that's the way he was treated as a child. Make a committment to stop the chain of "saying mean things" by not doing it to your kids.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 6:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• They are just jealous because you are doing better than they did. They should be happy, but instead they are jealous!
    Anonymous

• i think hes still bitter that i had a baby at 20, and doesnt want to see me succeed because of it? you know
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Congratulations!

you rock

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• boo lol i wasnt trying to brag! i wanted to hear mean things other people's parents say :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ok - my stepfather told me that it was stress due to my bad grades that my mother's hair was falling out.

1) Not true
    2) He apologized, years later
    3) SOOOOO mean

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• why was her hair falling out?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When I told my mother that I was applying for a job with the courts she laughed at me. She thought I couldn't get a job there without a college degree. When I got the job and I called to tell her, instead of congratulating me, she laughed again. I asked her why was that so funny and here was her response:

It's funny cause I used to be locked up there and now you work there!

(WTH) OMG!!!! Glad to know that mom, thanks!
    Anonymous

• Being older now I look at one thing:

My parents had me when they were 17 and 18. They didn't know WTH they were doing and now that I am an adult, I get that. I can't be too mad for all they said to me cause they were ignorant themselves. Doesn't mean it hurts any less though.
    Anonymous

• yeah my mom was 34 my dad was 37 so i dont think that is the case ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2009