When do you get your baby a bed and move then out of the crib?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 13 months. She moved from her crib to a toddler bed. SLEEPS ALL NIGHT NOW!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When they are ready. My DD learned to drop the side of the crib at 1 months so just after she turned 1 we put her in a toddler bed. It worked well for us, and she was ready but some kids are happy to stay put in a crib for many many years. If they look like they are going to start climbing out I would go ahead and make the switch, other than that, if they are happy in the crib you can leave them there.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• hmm, those numbers are supposed to be 11 months and then 12 months. Sorry about that LOL!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Thanks for responding - my little one is trying to climb out at 16 months - so maybe it is time.
    Have a great week!
    Parker136

Answer by Parker136 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Our Daughter went into her toddler bed at 10 months..she was trying to climb over the rails, since she was tall..we took the crib down and put her straight into the bed..the first few times she would cry a little then fall asleep and then we never had any problem..our Son we are shooting for a year unless he figures out how to climb over the rails
    AProudUSMCWife

Answer by AProudUSMCWife at 2:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i would wait till 2yrs
    math337

Answer by math337 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I put my daughter in a tot bed at 15 months because she was climbin out of it. Shes now in a half bed and she will be 2 next month.
    bubbles4207

Answer by bubbles4207 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I moved the older child when his brother was coming along so that he wouldn't feel that that the new baby took the older boy's bed. The younger son I put in a bed when he started climbing out of his crib.

Answer by Bmat at 3:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If your child is climbing out of the bed, I would recommend getting a crib tent for a little while or be prepared for your toddler to keep getting in and out of the bed all night and roaming the house. Good luck! I probably won't be switching to a toddler bed until after the 2nd birthday - or longer if I can!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2009