When should I start potty training my son

My son is 10 months old, At what year did you start potty training your baby, sorry my question mark on my keyboard is not working...Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is almost 2 1/2 and we are trying but struggling..years of the kid are alwyas different,,there are alot of signs to check for to know if the kid is ready to potty train:

Your child can stay dry for two hours at a time during the day or is dry after a nap.
    Your child is uncomfortable with soiled diapers and wants them changed. (pronto!)
    Your child shows increasing interest in the bathroom.
    Your child’s b.m.’s are regular and predictable.
    Your child wants to wear Big Kid® pants.
    Your child can indicate by words, facial expression or body language that he or she
    is about to go.
    Your child can follow simple verbal directions.

You can always check sites like pampers and what not and they have a lot of information about potty training..and dont listen to the person above you..she was just asking..and I have met moms who kids are potty trained by a year..
    AProudUSMCWife

Answer by AProudUSMCWife at 2:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Usually you can start around a year... most I know are fully trained by 18 months -2 years old. (3 years seems crazy to me)
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• At this age, it's called "elimination communication", not potty training.

If you want to potty train, you need to wait until he is ready. Yes, you can actually start anytime (even now) but he won't learn any faster. Since we use the bathroom so many times each day, we don't think about how complex it is. But it requires some physical milestones that your little one won't get for at least another 6 months (usually longer), some mental milestones that come in stages over the next year or so, and emotional milestones that also come over the next year or so. So if you start now, be prepared to be hauling him to the potty for the next 1 to 2 years. Or you can wait until he is ready and train him in a month or so.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• 2-3 years old maybe sooner if they are showing the want to. But dont start forcing until 3
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009