Avon, Mary Kay, or other selling company??

I am a stay at home mom and I am feeling like I need to bring in some extra cash to help out. I was wondering if anyone sells from Avon, Mary Kay, or other companies? I am NOT into going to people's houses to do shows so I really would like something I can do from home. I also am only interested in companies I have heard of because I do not want to be scammed. I also do not want to call people. If you don't mind me asking...how much do you typically make a month at it? What is the start up cost? And any other info you can give would be helpful! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Honestly, with the recession and the economy no-one has extra money for that stuff now... Just being honest!!!
    Anonymous

• avon is 10 dollars to start. I sell it. Well I just sell ot family at the moment so I don't make much. It depends how dedicated you are to it. If you really dedicated you make alot. Good luck if you wanna try go ahead it is great.
    Anonymous

• I *used* to sell Avon, and for quite awhile, about 4 years. While it's start up costs are affordable, just $10 you really have to plug away! You do earn 40% on Avon made items for the first 4 campaigns (basically two months) and 20% on the items they sell that they do not make (shown with a diamond symbol next to the description)! The problem is you'll have to be willing to spend money in the hopes of making money. Brochures are affordable as little as 13-14¢ each but you have to buy a large amount for that price. I would buy 500 brochures each campaign. And it's not easy labeling and bagging those 500 brochures, then combing the neighborhood and passing them out. It's time consuming....and even Avon states you should except a 1% return. Meaning for every 100 brochures expect 1 customer. But sometimes you'll get more and sometimes you'll get none. You really have to live and breathe what you choose to sell....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• With the economy, Avon/Mary Kay would not be the way to go, especially online. Everyone likes their catalogs and usually orders from co-workers or neighbors. I used to sell Avon and it gets to be a pain after a while, especially when people don't pay you and then you are stuck because you still have to pay Avon whether you got your money or not from your customers.
    Anonymous

• ....I had Avon decals on my car, Avon shirts, a purse saying "I SELL Avon. Ask me for a FREE brochure and samples" and I would randomly walk up to people and give them brochures. I was a Unit Leader for awhile as well. But all in all, when you factor in the number of brochures you will want to buy, the time it takes to get them ready and then out there, demos, samples, business cards, advertising, you won't make a heck of a lot. There are so many people already selling it's not easy. Sure for some it comes naturally and they do great, but Avon says 8 out of 10 new reps leave within the first year....and you better believe it's not because they are making a full time income.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• no-one has money now for that stuff, we're in a recission now,ppl have NO money
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't try to make money selling anything right now. I work for ChaCha but they aren't hiring for now.

I'm using 2 different work at home companies that you might want to check out. They're both free. http://y5b.org and http://g88.info

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh stop with the recession stuff....we are NOT as bad off as the media says!! Gas, food, and other things have not gone up and everyone I know is doing just fine. It is the people who buy houses and cars they couldn't afford in the first place.
    Anonymous

• So aside from Avon & Mary Kay....are there other companies out there? I thought I heard of some that sells toys and books??
    Anonymous

• I am a Work from Home mom and I do not sell anything. This is not a scam though, I do get paid. I am partnered with an International Wellness company that distributes eco-friendly products. I invite to get all of the information by going to my website and filling out the "get more info" tab and I will contact you on setting up a time for you to watch a webcast from your own computer. It's that easy.

http://www.iluvwhatido.com/

Work from home the way you want to:

No large investment...we supply you with the tools you need to succeed.
    No selling, stocking or delivering products.
    No pressuring people.
    No complicated paperwork.
    No collecting money or placing orders for people.
    NO RISK!!

cstewart0402

Answer by cstewart0402 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009