my daughter found a online school that is to good to be true

its called k12 has anyone been in it or knows someone in it ........well they ship you a laptop and printer but does she have to go to the school to take the oct test or whatever they are called

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Post a link for us. There's not enough info for us to help you out here.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/online-k--schools-grow-popularity/

http://www.k12.com/int/admissions/general_tuition/

WOW
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ive heard about this. Very interesting. I would like more information if you have it. I have a niece who is 16 and in the 8th grade. Shes smart but she was held back 3xs in the 3rd grade because of standardized testing. Because of her age they want to put her in a special school where troubled teens attend. she not one and I fear she will become. Shes also very mature for her age already as it is.
    lvmy4boyz

Answer by lvmy4boyz at 3:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My DD in fifth grade is in her third year at Connections Academy, which is an online public charter school. Next year we will be enrolling her in the K12 program instead. One of the reasons is because their curriculum is intertwined....meaning if they are learning about a particular period in history, they cover the same period in language arts, Art, etc... If they are allowed to operate a public school in your area (because they also sell just curriculum and do private school) then they schedule state mandated testing for you. You still have to meet all the requirements a regular school does...like the state testing, attendance, residency requirements. These types of public schools also provide all the curriculum materials and depending on the school, provides computers and printers for students. Anyone with more questions from a parents point of view can feel free to contact me directly.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• we use the k12 program for my son,(k12 nevada virtual academy). and he likes it. they still do field trips and he has an online classroom that we visit weekly. yes it is free. i was a little skeptical at first but we have been using it all schoolyear and it is great. pm me if you have anymore questions and i will try to answer them the best that i can.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 3:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• k12 is the best thing to EVER happen. My DD is going into her 2nd year and grows by leaps and bounds everyday.
    jgrello

Answer by jgrello at 3:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009