Help with Acid Reflux Disease....please help

Do you suffer too? Do you know what works? What foods should I avoid because it seems like everything I eat or drink hurts me. Any suggestions?

aerocrombiester

Asked by aerocrombiester at 2:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• You should avoid anything acidic (citrus, tomatoes, etc.). Don't eat a couple hours before bed. And if it persists then see your doc and get on meds.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Stay away from acidic foods, anything with tomatoes in it, no spicy foods and sleep with your upper body propped up at night. Don't lay down flat. Stay away from meats too.
    Anonymous

• Change your diet to one that is high in fruits and greens. Eat as much fruit as you desire before every meal and then more.

Add a large green salad into your diet or a green smoothie.

Cut down your fat intake to 10% of total calories. That means cutting out meat completely or reducing it to 1 or 2 times a week if you have to have it.

Cut out dairy products too.

Doing this has stopped my acid reflux.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Daily medication is the only thing that works for my GERD. No matter what precautions I took, I still woke up nights choking on straight-up stomach acid. I had enough and asked my doctor for medication.
    Best wishes to you!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009