Baby wearers: what kind of sling/wrap do you recommend?

The main two I am looking at are the Moby and the Over the Shoulder Baby holder. Which do you think is the better of the two? Or other suggestions other than these two. This is baby # 2 and I have a 27 month old.

tscritch

Asked by tscritch at 2:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My favorite is a ring sling by Dr Sears- love it for many reasons but mostly its super comfy & it adjusts easy for hubby to wear baby too. I have a moby- honestly its really hard to get used to wrapping it and the knot on my back was always uncomfy if I sat while wearing it : ( But the moby is nice for trips out to the mall etc. I'd suggest if you know anyone with these kimds you ask to try them on with a doll and see what you think before you buy!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have a ...... "irregular" body shape and never quite found the right sling, so I just carry my baby around everywhere. But when I had the Moby, it was everything it said. Though all the wrapping and unwrapping, and it touching the floor, etc really got to me. I had better times with padded ring slings.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have a hot sling, and it's easy to use and my baby loves it, it doesn't adjust, so your dh wouldn't be able to use it, and i could never figure out how to bf in it, but otherwise i love it
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i disliked the moby, too much fuss. i have a peanut shell and an ergo. i love the ergo, the peanut shell is nice too, but hard on your back after awhile, and it doesn't adjust like the ergo.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I prefer ring slings, I think the over the shoulder baby holder is a ring sling it just has additional padding.
    I have two slings from sleepingbaby.net and they are so wonderful! The price is nice, too.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I used the Sprout Pouch for my first child and the Baby Hawk for the second child. The pouch is not adjustable so we had to buy a second one to fit my husband. The Baby Hawk is adjustable - we used it for both my infant son and my toddler girl - because my son is more active he enjoyed having his feet free to kick. Loved the Sprout Pouch - comfy and no ties, plus it was easy to carry and attractive. I wore my daughter instead of taking a stroller.
    babcoca

Answer by babcoca at 4:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We made ours which is just like the moby (we're poor but we have a sewing machine!) and I absolutely love it. The closeness is so much more assuring than the slings I see other women use. A family member bought me one and I just don't feel as safe or comfortable as I do with my wrap. Yeah, it is a lot of work, but it is worth it feeling so close to my child.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Both my son & I hated the hotsling, I got a sleepy wrap (sleepywrap.com) because it's stretchy unlike the moby. We love it, with my 2nd we used a baby bjorn and she liked it but I got the feeling the thing between the legs hurt!
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 2:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009