I'm not sure what to do, please help!

My husband wanted a separation going on 4 months ago, since then even his best friend has told me I deserve a lot better and he tells me that my husband isn't worth my feelings or thoughts. Would it be wrong of me to start dating again? My husband wants to get a divorce and his friend said that there is nothing wrong with it. I've noticing that I like his friend more and more, but I don't know if he only talks to me just to be nice or if he likes me. He is always trying to say things to cheer me up and get me to open up. I'm just really confused and personally I don't want to waste anymore time on my husband we have been on and off for almost 8 years now and I'm sick of him always changing his mind about us. Please tell me if I am wrong about wanting to date again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• If I were separated I personally would not start dating anyone until the divorce is final. That is just me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It isn't wrong to want to date again but it is wrong to want to date the man's friend. That is just asking for problems, trust me, I have been there. It never turns out well! Go forward with the divorce and then move on but not with friends of his. What kind of man would go after his friend's wife?
    Anonymous

• If you are having confused feeling, then I don't think you should date just yet. You may regret it later. I persoanlly would wait for the divorce to be final first.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 2:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I would not get involved until everything is resolved. It sounds like the relationship you have been in is not stable. You need to take sometime for yourself. If this guy does in fact like you, then he should be willing to wait until after your divorce is final.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Follow your heart. If you think you have a chance of saving your marriage I wouldnt do it. If you do start to date again, I wouldn't do it with his friend either, that is going to cause a whole new set of problems.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Doesn't sound like a good friend to me. Sounds like he's saying the things you want to hear. OR maybe saying things because he wants to get with you.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009