HAve you read the article on MSN.... We can't get our own credit score anymore?? But the bank can??

Now, see they say it can't get much worse, then the company that is supposed to help protect us (yeah right, I know) is telling us that the FICO score is no big deal, but then sells it to the banks while refusing to disclose it to us?? What's next? We get a mortgage but we have to guess at what the payments are going to be?? Where/when in the world is this stuff going to stop??

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 2:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Regardless, if you are denied a loan then the company you applied through has to supply you with the credit company they used and you are entitled to a free credit report within 30 days. You'd be surprised at what an off-name credit company contains for information on you! We found tons of errors in a credit report when we were denied a loan....the bank had used some credit company we had never heard of before.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Oh I hear ya girl, it's getting really crazy. I thought you could still get your score. When did this change?
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 2:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Are you referring to having to pay for your score?
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• NO, I"m referring to our scores not being available to us anymore.

Here's a quote from the article....

Experian wants to keep you in the dark.

There's really no other way to characterize the credit bureau's decision to stop selling FICO credit scores to individuals as of Feb. 14. Experian pulled out of its agreement with myFICO.com, which had been the only place where consumers could buy their FICO scores from all three bureaus.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I just got all 3 of my credit scores and reports a couple of days ago.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• SO whats up with this report then... is it a fraud?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I used creditreport.com......so I don't know. Maybe it was only meant for the website in the report(for now, others may follow)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009