Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to find my children that were adopted out 29 years ago.

I am a 52 yr old woman that is slightly retarded. I lost my kids to adoption 29 years ago when my soon to be ex husband was running from the law. We had left my kids with my mother believing that we would return to get them once we settled in California. My mother was in a caraccident and the kids were taken from her by child care in Baraboo Wi. My family went to court to try to get custody of them at a hearing to end parental rights of me and my husband. The family was denied custody and the kids ended up getting adopted out with no notice to the family. I was under the immpression that my mother gave the kids away and so had no contact with her for 29 years. They recently found and contacted me. I now understand about what had happened and have reunited with my family. I had 3 0ther children in California. My husband made me give them up also, but allowed me to keep the last one. How do I find my children?

Answer Question

Asked by treetop1056 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Adoption

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • i'm not sure but i think you can go to the court house in the town where the kids would of been adopted and they should have records there. i don't know if you have any rights to them or not but they should be able to answer some of your questions. maybe do online search like looking up trying to locate adopted kids

    Answer by melody77 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • Definately check with the court records first. I don't think the records were as "hidden" as they are now so you may luck out.

    Answer by baconbits at 4:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

  • REgister with any place where children go to look for their parents. check the social service agency in teh town where your children were taken from. there is a form you will need to fill out and return to them for information

    Answer by tcrock02 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.