What do you think of this quote?

“Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths.”

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 3:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's a bit sexist sounding.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I think there is some truth to it. I think sadly strong women get a lot of crap for being strong. (ie assertive=bitchy) I don't think that is right. I also think that you shouldn't have to apologize for your weaknesses either. They are just that, not crimes.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 3:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I agree. It may sound sexist, but that's how the world works. I used to be a very assertive opinionated person, and people always acted like I was in the wrong for not being demure and agreeable with everything. My DH doesn't drink and go out partying "with the guys" so people think he is in the wrong. Its stupid.
    Anonymous

• Men even in ancient times are known, raised and expected to be stronger and provider the pillar of strength but women on the other hand was known, raised and expected to weak and submissive to their fathers,brothers and husbands (men of their life) and when these conditions change then men viewed as to be weak and should be apologetic for his short comings that he is not what he should be and women should not be strong and provider for the family and should be apologetic, ashamed or mocked for being these...

what women really want is just not equality but be respected, appreciated and adored for what she can contribute to the family be it financially or not and not be viewed as feminist...
    ihadenuff03

Answer by ihadenuff03 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Sounds like something that would have been said and taught about 80 yrs ago or thereabouts.

Nowadays I dont think its always the case but Im willing to bet it does show up every so often. That is the attitude that women shouldnt be strong,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I think it should flushed down the toilet with the other crap this world tries to make us believe.
    Anonymous

• I don't think its true and I dont even think that people are taught to apologize at all. Its a fading trend.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It is a fading trend for the most part but just like many things that suck it still rears it's ugly head.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009