Does anyone ever really dislike being a mom?

My daughter is turning three soon and everything has become horrible with her. We have tried time outs, we have tried spankings, and it's just not working. I am frustrated, angry, upset, and I try not to show her these things. She is EXTREMELY active and I believe she may have ADHD to be quite honest although I know it is too early to tell. (my brother has it, my husband has it, and I have bipolar). The truth is, while sometimes I enjoy being her mom. There are times that I really dislike being her mom and don't enjoy it at all. I feel really bad about this, but these feelings are happening more and more lately with her to the point I feel SO bad about being her mom. Shouldn't I love her all the time and enjoy her? Because right now I feel like I just don't want to be a mom at all.
Help! Can you share your experiences? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They are lying is anyone tells you they always enjoy being a mom. My dd is stil young, but I don't enjoy it on the days when the crying just won't stop. It is okay to feel this way. Just remember the good times and know that it will pass. GL!
    Anonymous

• Let me answer w/ a question to make you remember your childhood? Did your parents, teachers and all adults always like you or were there days you were naughty and hard to handle?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My dtr was ADHD and I went through h-ll with her. She was horrible to take into public. She would scream bloody murder if she didn't get her way. Now that she is grown up, I wouldn't change a thing, but I do understand your feelings. She was kicked out of 4 yes 4 pre schools and then out of kindergarden which I didn't think they could do but it happened. I still had 2 more kids and I still wish sometimes I didn't but it gets better. Good Luck!!!
    Anonymous

• Sometimes..I think we all have our days. I envy those who look at their children, heart fulls of love and sigh at how grateful they are to have their children..How a simple giggle warms their heart... I am taking care of 3 kids while my husband is deployed and it's a test of wits for me..A true test of wits. I have a 7 year old who still wears pull ups at night and has a mouth and an attitude, my 3 year old won't potty train, and my 20 month old is always snot nosed.

However, I cannot imagine my life without them. Maybe you need some time for yourself. Even a few hours to go work out or something.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• In all seriousness, if you are not taking medication for bipolar disorder, you need to start. There are a ton of generic drugs now that pretty much everyone can afford. I am bipolar myself, and when I was not taking meds or when mine were not the right kind or amount, I felt like running away from all my responsibilities because it was overwhelming! If you are taking medicine, I would suggest talking to your doctor about fixing your dosages. As for feeling like not being a Mom, everyone goes through that some time or another. Good luck and don't worry about feeling bad about it. As long as you get all that taken care of and you aren't feeling violent towards your child you are fine.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My 6 yr old went through that... I have learned that he has to be kept busy. We have a chore chart, lots of paper, crayons, things to create. He has to be busy, and if he isn't then he gets into trouble.
    I praise him as much as I can, he likes to please, and feel like he's helping out. I think the praise goes a long way. I have seen that since we have been making a point of it that he tries harder to make us happy rather than miserable,lol GL
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You do not enjoy it when you have to make your child do something they are crying and whaling about having to do. You do not like it when you have to make the really tough stands with them and you do not like it when it comes time to boot them from the nest. There is no way you're going to love being a mom every second of the rest of your life. You're going to find your face in your hands at some point, you're going to want to run out the back door screaming. It has nothing to do with your ability to raise a child or your desire to teach them well or do best by them, it's just a part of life. They'll roll their eyes at you, and you'll shake your head trying to figure them out. Don't sweat it. The only thing that we really need to remember is to just keep being the parent, even when we feel more like throwing a tantrum ourselves.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yes, I have a lot of moments where I just wish I could be auntie rather than mommy. I love my children, and I think it's kind of sad that we have to preface our trials with that sentance in hopes that people aren't going to judge us too hard. - We all love our children, but come on, being a mom is the hardest job in the entire world. There is no weekends, no overtime pay, you are on duty ever day, all day, FOREVER. Especially with little kids, you are their world. Everything in their little lives revolves around MOM. Sometimes I just get lost in the role. I forget how it feels to just be me and do what I want, when I want.

And then when you are feeling overwhelmed and discouraged....you still have to hide it because you don't want your children to think you regret having them. LOL Sometimes it's a no win situation.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I hate it most at 3am in the morning. I think to myself..ugh babies. Everyonce in a while when times get rough..i cant stand being a wife. It goes w/everything sometimes you love it and at times hate it. I love my kiddos and would do anything for them but sometimes i get burnt out for about a minute and want to jump out the window!
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 3:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• There's days I feel overwhelmed and want to scream. There's days I want peace and quiet and to be by myself. But there's never a day I dislike being a mom.

BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009