Do you have someone with a hair and makeup issue?

I am SOOOOOOOOO frustrated. My daughter puts anything and everything in her hair that she can possibly find. She says she is doing it to be pretty like mommy- and although I have put items out of her reach, she continues to find new things and use them. Also, she's been in my makeup several times before. (CRYING with FRUSTRATION)
What can I do to stop this besides watching her every second of the day? I am trying to allow her some independence!

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 3:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Pretty much same thing happened to me. She started using pens to do make up on herself. I bought children's cosmetics, and that solved the problem. I told her that that's the only safe thing she can put on her face and adult cosmetics or pens are sometimes not safe for children. (I also told her that it's her responsibility to take care of her make up stuff, and it worked out great!)
    Meachan

Answer by Meachan at 3:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• im kinda confused..is the problem she is gettintg into ur make up or make up itself? if my kids were getting into my expensive makeup id b mad as hell to...my daughter uses barbie makeup n cheap make up i bought for her from dollar store,its HERS
    mamacita4two

Answer by mamacita4two at 4:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Discipline always helps...when she gets into something that she knows that she should have a disciplinary action in place...whether its time out or whatever you do for discipline...discipline is the only way she'll learn...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2009