Is it love?..or a little like love?

I have been dating my BF for over a year now and I honestly don't know if there is anything i really like about him. First and foremost, I don't like his body. I guess i should have been honest with him up front when i saw it for the first time when we made love. But, i wasn't. how can i love him, if i don't find his body attractive?...(there are other things i don't like about him. But, i could get past those)....Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• You like the "idea" of him, and not him as a person. Break it off. The top three things a man is good for
    1) paying your bills
    2) being a good dad
    3) giving you great sex
    If he isn't doing at least one of those, then whats the point? LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No one is perfect. If you feel love and the other person feels love, there would be no questions about what you are willing to accept. JMO
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 3:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• MORE INFO:..........that's just it...I don't think i really do love him. I think i would have rather just been his friend...my sister said it best when she said this: if he was one of four men that was asking you out, at the same time, would you have chosen him?...and i said...No!

Anonymous

• Anon. I have had the same problem. You need to move on. I have been seeing someone who is kind and I like him and we are great friends, but he is no what Im looking for. It is so hard and Ive just told him I don't think we are right for eachother and i need some space, but it is so hard. You aren't doing him or yourself any favors by staying.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• MORE INFO:.....i know i have to end it...but, it feels like i love him because i get lonely and sad without him...But, i think it's just because we have been together for over a year now..and i think it's just the companionship..and not really love!...he is a great guy tho...he is sooo sweet, and kind, and patient..and i think i'm going to regret this for the rest of my life...That i had a great guy, and let him go!..but, i know i will never be truly happy either...and i am okay with letting him go. but, it still kinda hurts i guess....sorry, just being honest...!!!

Anonymous

• Usually when you love someone...even stronger in the begining of the relationship..
    You love their body..even if it would normally not be something you would be attracted to..
    You should be attracted to him..even when he is not so attractive..
    It sounds like to me he is just a shoulder to lean on and someone to take up your empty space..
    If I was you I would try to figure this out soon, there is another heart here that is not yours.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have never liked his body even in the beginning...i've just learned to live with it...well, kinda...we have not had sex in over 3 months..so, i guess not!!!

Anonymous

• Is it weight? bc that can go away
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If you didn't feel it for him in the beginning, chances are you never will. You are TRYING to have feelings looking at other qualities to find love for him. But sounds like the basic chemistry is not there. You will really hurt him by staying with him cuz it sounds like he really has feelings for you. He is just a nice companion for you and if you did stay with him, you'd probably end up dumping him if you met someone else with whom you really do have chemistry. And also, if you stayed and maybe even married him, he'd start to really bug you and get on your nerves because you would feel like you were "settling." You are better off single and learning how to be on your own than being in a relationship with someone only because they keep you from being single. I think you know the answer already.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• HaHaHaHa.....Hell, why didn't i think of that to begin with...??????......LOL....very funny..thanks for the advice....LOL

Anonymous