TTC of losing an infant

I went into labor when I was 16 weeks pregnant. They stopped the labor and I got put on bedrest for 3 weeks until my sons kidneys shut down, and I had to give birth because my son had an infection and I was getting very sick staying pregnant. That was on Feb 11th, and I want so very much to try again. I keep hearing that it's a higher risk of miscarriage, if I try to get pregnant now.. But I know alot of people that them and their siblings are 10 months apart. Anybody get pregnant less than 3 months of giving birth and have a happy outcome?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Peyton i'm sorry for your loss! =( I know how you feel. I miscarried this last christmas and last mother's day.

I've heard lots of people get pregnant shortly after giving birth. Cause their hormones are still up or something. Best of luck! Take it easy.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My son died this past summer b/c of being a micro-preemie, only 19 weeks. He was born 7/31/08 now I'm 20 weeks pregnant and due 7/24/09. My midwives knew I wanted to have another one soon b/c I had also lost my daughter back in jan 2006. They say this baby is very healthy. The only thing is a lot more aches and pains as this is my fourth and having had the last and getting pregnant so soon afterwards. You are very fertile within the first yr of having a baby so I don't think you should have any problems. GL
    Anonymous

• i got prego in jan 07 lost it when i was about 3-4 wks along then i got prego again in march 07 had my dd in dec 07 and now im 6 days over my due date you just have to be careful and make sure that you dont have any infections or anything like that good luck and i hope that everything works out
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I lost my twins at 11 weeks and got pregnant again 2 weeks later. That was the easiest pregnancy I've had so far, physically. Emotionally, it was difficult, but I don't think that would have changed if I had waited.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009