How to get out food coloring?

My 2 year old son some how got a hold of some red food coloring when his brother was watching him while I ran errands.

My 2 year old has food coloring on his shirt, all in his hair, his hands, etc. and I can't get it out.

Any suggestions on how to get the red food coloring out?

jandyrodax

Asked by jandyrodax at 3:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ummm i dont think u can! I think its dye and for good on the shirt. THe hair...it can grow otu? Oh that sucks! did u google it?
    southernlamom

Answer by southernlamom at 5:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• for skin and hair, shampoo sometimes works if you don't dilute it with water before you rub it over the food coloring.

For the clothes, I don't think there is much you can use. maybe OXI-Clean will help if you mix it strong in a bowl or bucket and let the clothes soak in it for atleast a day or two.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 5:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009