How long after BC did it take you to get pregnant?

anyone take the BC loestrin 24? If so how long after you went off did it take you to get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i was on bc for 9 years and have been ttc for over a year. i've tried ovulation kits and it seems that i'm not ovulating. i think the bc screwed up my system. good luck and lots of baby dust to you..
    TLozier

Answer by TLozier at 3:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• a month. seriously but my family is very fertile.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'm on it now and when I told my doctor we were planning on trying to get pregnant again next march he told me we could discuss it at my next visit (which will be in Jan) and wrote me a perscription for the BC for the full year... So I'm hoping it doesn't take long to concieve after you quit... Give your doctor a call... I know some people have said not to conceive for 3 months after stopping but I don't know if thats a fact or not... Good Luck and have fun 'working' on it (it is the best part after all) ;)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 3:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It took me 3 months after I quit taking it.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 3:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yes, I took that for years. I stopped and was pregnant 2 weeks later.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I took BC for a year and have been TTC with no luck for 4 years.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 4:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I stopped my bc after many years & figured it would take a couple months. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 months went by & it really sucked. You think: what's wrong with me, with him, with us?

I thought I would go to the doctor & ask for a referral to a fertility specialist cause my husband & I are young, healthy adults & there must be something wrong.

I went to the doctor in June. He told me they don't refer women to fs until they've been trying for at least a year. He told me to come back in August & he would give me a referral. The fs would contact me a week or 2 after that to schedule an appt..

Well sweetie, my husband is in the military & was deploying to Iraq in September. When the doctor told me all of this I cried and cried. I told my husband and we decided to stop "trying" and start "trying" when he came back.

I was pregnant a couple weeks later!

Easier said than done but don't think about it...just relax sweetie...
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 4:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2009