Are you kidding ME!?!?!?!??!?! (anyone else deal with stuff like this?!?)

Alright so, I have a German Shepherd, who is perfectly trained, NEVER leaves the yard, goes outside to potty, and I've trained her to go in one spot and only one spot, which she does. So, the neighbor on one side of me has no dogs, but next to him on the other side they do, and my other neighbors have 2 dogs as well. Here is the issue. Out of all the dog owners on my street, I am THE ONLY responsible one. I can't tell you how many times, toys have been taken from my yard, their dogs are always crapping in my yard, destroying my kids and dogs things. So I go out back and the neighbor with no dogs says "Hey Neighbor! I have dog crap all in my front yard" and I yelled back "It's not from my dog!" and he says "well it's been there a long time" and I said "My dog only goes to the bathroom by the pine tree and no where else!" it just makes me so mad, because I am his neighbor it's apparently my dog, and not the ones always out....

ItalianMomma04

Asked by ItalianMomma04 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pets

• Here's the deal, if you don't have a fence, people are going to assume your dog runs wild and poops everywhere. They don't know your dog like you do and EVERYONE says "well it wasn't my dog!" We got a fence so our friggin neighbors (especially the annoying one next door) wouldn't have a leg to stand on with the pet mis-haps in the neighborhood. They can go blame someone else. It makes it easier for the police too. There's always kids running around in people's yards and the fence keeps the kids out and my dogs in. If the kids ever complained that a dog bit them or some dog destroyed there toys, I'll be able to point to my fence and say, it wasn't me and have proof. The other posters are right non-pet owners don't get it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Tell the guy to get a surveillance camera.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• maybe its neighbor anti pet day! I have a sheltie who is psychotic! She barks at everything, everyone, she thinks she needs to protect the whole dang neighborhood. We correct here when she barks too much. we even have a behavior shock collar. When one of the neighbors moved in, we audibly heard them say through their open door that "they wished they would shut up their damn dog". We really try to curtail her barking as much as possible.

This weekend, the neighbor was out on his deck. I opened the door to let my sheltie out and she did her usual patrol, caught sight of him and barked. He stared at me then said something "you need .... your dog", I didn't hear the in between part because I was trying to calm down the sheltie. I said "pardon me", he didn't repeat.

You can only try with non pet people.
    Anonymous

• we also had a neighbor who said our dog was doing his business in the neighbors yard. our sheltie was very old and unfortunately had loose bowel movements. I saw my hubby gesturing to our neighbor. hubby told the neighbor it wasn't our pets stuff. well the neighbor took a step forward onto our property line and did step in our dogs stuff. Hubby said "Now, that is our dogs poop!" I had to laugh.

We have a sign in our yard "pet welcome, accompanied by Scoop" it has a pic of a sheltie on it. A little girl insisted our sheltie Teddy's name was Scoop!
    Anonymous

• Well, it's so frustrating for me, because I worked hard with my dog, and she is wonderful. Last summer, this mentioned neighbor, complimented on how well behaved she was and asked how I am able to keep her in the yard, why she never leaves, and I told him, because I trained her and she listens.
    I told my husband (this is to the first person who replied timelessglass) he can DNA sample the poop and my dog and he will see it's not from her. I also said the same thing, and said he needs to get a camera.
    When we was asking me about the poop in the yard, I said it's not mine and gestured to the neighbors who I know who's dogs do it, and later on I saw him at their house, maybe him saying something to her, will knock some sense in her, with how she handles the animals.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Thats funny you say that ANON, about your dog having loose stools, and how you can tell if it's your dogs poop. Same here. I mean, when I let he out to go potty, I stand at the door and watch her. The only time she has left the yard, was when the neighbors dog came bounding into my yard and was taking toys out of my kids kiddy pool and she tore off after the animal, and into their yard and body checked the dog and turned around and left their yard and came back into ours. That was her defending our property and the kids, so I didnt scold her at all for that....you know how you KNOW your right about something, and it's like no one believes you?
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We are also responsible and I can't tell you how many times I have been digging in my flower beds only to come across cat feces! And my parents live next door and they have trees near the street. Do you know how many dog owners walking their dogs allow them to pee on the trees? How rude. Bet they wouldn't like dead trees in their yards...
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 6:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Exactly. You guys are exactly right. My neighbors, the ones I wrote about whose dogs are all over, well they bought a cat one day and within a year or so, there were dozens of them, all in our back fenced in yard, poop everywhere my dog barking like crazy at them, because I'd let her out to pee and they would be there laying on the front porch...it got so irritating, because I know, I PERSONALLY go out of my way to ensure my animals don't impede on others. I cannot stand walking and someone else's dog is on a leash and they let their dog jump all over my dogs and kids!! I mean, for me, it's a slap in the face because I am trying to be a good pet owner, and I have my dog so well trained, that most people don't know we have a large german Shepherd, unless they knock at the door or see me walking her...how some people can be so thoughtless of others baffles me.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009