Can anyone explain the concept of an open relationship to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Open relationship means to be free to sleep with others. Altho I personally could never do it
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The concept is that you and your husband/boyfriend are still together but have sex with other people. IMO it is just a death sentence for your marriage. It will even get to the ones who are not jealous at all. If your husband is suggesting this, it pretty much means he wants to bang other chicks and wants you to approve so he won't feel like an ass.
    Anonymous

• I was the one wanting the open relationship, not him
    Anonymous

• Sex with others, yippee!!!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yeah, sex with anybody you want. Just be sure to get checked frequently for STDs.

Answer by Bmat at 4:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• there is nothing wrong with an open relationship as long as both of you are on the same page. If there is any uncertainty at all dont do it. Personall, my husband and I do it once in a while, moslty together with other couples or just women and we love it. Been married for 7 years and stronger than ever.
    mommasboyz77

Answer by mommasboyz77 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My husband and I wanted to try it and it practically ruined our marriage. We have been through a lot since that time and we both feel completely guilty about what we did. I really do not recommend trying it. The risks aren't worth it, especially with the prevalence of STD's. No form of BC or protection is 100%. It's simply not worth the risks, especially if you have children. There is also the chance that whoever you or he is sleeping with will take it to be more than "just sex" and try to break up your marriage (been there!). Talk to your husband, maybe you 2 need to spice things up in the bedroom between the 2 of you before you try going outside the marriage.
    Anonymous

• yup. I have one and love it. It's showing love and respect for each other by allowing them the freedom to make choices to be with another person if they truly choose to be with that person sexually. It happens. People are drawn to other people sexually and instead of hiding it, my partner tells me (or I tell him). We're honest with one another and we prefer to be in a relationship but not chain one another down. I don't think men were made to be monogamous anyway so this just keeps what we have working well for us. I realize it's not for everyone but it works for us. The more we are together the fewer instances there are so it really shows that we are good together. Life is made of choices. many ppl wonder if they made the right choice. Every time he is (or I am ) with another person we prove to each other we made the right choice with being together.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009