Fainting in 38th week..

ok so TWICE today i almost passed out flat on the floor. Once while i was in the shower, and then again at the police station (my daughter's field trip) Should i be concerned this is a BP problem?

I know i have a problem with my vagel nerve, which kicks into gear when i go from someplace cool.. to someplace warm/hot.

It has never bothered me before while i was pregnant, actually it seems to go away.. so i never really worry about it..

till now

I spent last night in the hospital, thought i was in labor, and wasn't.. they sent me home because i wasn't quite 4 cm yet, I probably am now. because i've had contractions on and off all day.

Anyone else ever faint this late in the pregnancy for no reason?

What did your doctors say?

AlMPHETAMlNE

Asked by AlMPHETAMlNE at 4:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• definitely contact your doctor ASAP. not only could this be a serious health issue, you also could fall and injure yourself and/or your baby.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• it is normal. i never actually fainted but if i would have not sat down i think that i would have fainted. by this time in your pregnancy you are seeing your dr 1 time her week, so try to take it easy and if you are really concerned call and see if you can get your appt moved up sooner, or speak to him/her nurse.

Anonymous

• I asked my doc about it, and she told me the closer I get to due date the more likey it will be come that I'll get dizzy once in a while. I'm only 26 weeks, but its happened a couple of times to me (I'm having twins btw). However it is a sign your brain isn't gettting as much oxygen as it would like, basically its time to relax. Going out and about probalby is not a good idea anymore. Lay down and let yourself be pampered (it will be the last time you'll get the chance to do this). Just let yourself rest now, you're so close to the due date that your body is very tired. just be sure to mention it to your doc at this weeks appointment, and I can be they'll say the same thing. If you are really worried, have yoru BP taken at different times during the day.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I had this this night,now i have no prior medical issues to becoming pregnant.
    I went to stand up and felt nausea,dizzy,could feel my heart beating loud from my chest,my ears had ringing in them and i got like clammy/sweaty,Felt like the room was getting dark where i was going to black out.
    I was told this by labor and delivery it is normal part of pregnancy since your body is working harder.
    I'm also over half way done with the pregnancy.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009