High anxiety

Does anyone suffer from high anxiety? I mean, worrying too much about things to the point where it consumes you? I can't even sleep and then thinking of dealing with the situation during waking hours makes me sick to my stomach. I'm sure it's a personal thing, but I want to know if there are any tricks to helping yourself get over stuff and just more easily be able to toss things aside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• Some people with anxiety problems respond really well to cognitive behavioral therapy. There's a great (although, somewhat expensive) program out there that you can do in the comfort of your own home, called "Attacking Anxiety and Depression". You can check it out at stresscenter.com. It literally saved my life. Good luck.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Did you just give birth by any chance? Could be PPD.

I had it really bad after I had my baby and my doctor put me on a light dose of zoloft. It helped SO MUCH. Maybe you ought to ask your ObGyn...or family doctor.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 5:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Have a 10-month old so I don't think I still qualify for PPD - lol. I think it's just a general craziness that I need to figure out. Thanks for the tip on the cognitive behavioural therapy - I will look into it!
    Anonymous