If one of your children was killed in a car accident that wasn't their fault... Would you ever forgive the person whose fault it was?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Death is part of life as is forgivness, so yes I would, does not mean I would forget.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the circumstances. If it was truly an accident, something out of their control, than probably yes. But if it was because someone was being careless, reckless, driving drunk, etc.. than absolutely not!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 4:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I will be honest and say I don't know. I would like to think I would, but, I am not sure. It would surely be hard.I guess it also depends on the circumstances of what happened and why .I really hoped this didn't happen to you!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/byrds/turn+turn+turn_20026419.html
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yes, no matter the circumstances.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• What a tough question! I'd like to think I would, but I can't know for sure until I'm there, and I pray I never end up in that position!
    crzy_joy

Answer by crzy_joy at 5:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Might as well. Otherwise the rest of my life would be spent being bitter and hateful. That wouldn't do the rest of my family any good...and it wouldn't bring the dead child back.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Never! I know it is best to forgive, but I would not when it came to my children!
    jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Irregardless of how the person caused the wreak yes I would forgive them, if it was reckless or whatnot I would pursue charges being brought against them, but the fact of the matter is you can never mourn until you give forgiveness. I just recently learned that in order to mourn death u need to forgive. We had idiots burn a car in our pasture and my DH's grandfather died of a heatstroke that day due to him trying to protect the properity. I never properly mourned it until the day I decided to forgive the people for their idiocity.
    via86

Answer by via86 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No, I wouldn't. That is not a hatchet I would ever be able to bury. Their irresponsible driving is what led to the death in the first place. It really doesn't matter anyway, as I would never have contact with that person for the rest of MY life.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2009